Ice Blasting Commercial Cleaning
Dry ice blasting is a non-destructive procedure for cleaning surfaces or removing unwanted debris and coatings such as rust or paint. This is a safe method and is most commonly utilized in commercial and industrial applications.
Dry ice is frozen solid form of carbon dioxide and has plenty of applications; and Foothill dry ice has helped a number of commercial and industries in cleaning with their dry ice supply.
In basic terms, blast cleaning with dry ice is a process where a surface is applied with compressed air and dry ice particles. Dry ice pellets and the compressed air create an explosive sublimation and the blast stream cleans the area. This has been preferred over other blasting methods such as sand blasting, plastic bead or glass bead.
Why blast cleaning has gained popularity?
Can dry ice blast cleaning be safely performed in closed space?
What happens to the dirt like oil and grease?
What are the benefits of dry ice commercial cleaning?
- does not required water
- no grit or chemicals
- reduces time for maintenance
- non conducive and thus can be safely used even on electrical connections
- can be cleaned with minimal disassembly
- ecologically harmless
- does not expose the surface to corrosive solvents
- little secondary waste
- no damage or acting on the surfaces
- sensitive machinery are not affected
- does not require any extra drying time